Monday, March 28, 2016

WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY: A. M. Willard, Contemporary Romance Author

A. M. Willard, Author
HEARTS IN FLORENCE
Reviewers describe A. M. Willard's latest contemporary romance novella, HEARTS IN FLORENCE, a “fun, sweet, and romantic read” and a “wholesome love story.” Willard says humor is important in her stories along with today’s issues and fears. And she enjoys creating drama and suspense.

Willard has written several series and today lives in Georgia with “her husband, son, two cats, one rotten dog, two goats and her six chickens.” She is currently working on the second in her “A Taste of Love Series.”








Q: You categorize your books as contemporary romance. How does this genre differ from traditional romance? What do readers like to see most in a contemporary romance?

A.M. Willard: I think that contemporary romance is more your today’s romance- as in today’s issues, fears, and love triangles.

Q: Tell us about your latest novella, HEARTS IN FLORENCE. How helpful is setting the book in Florence to develop your plot and characters?

A.M. Willard: Oh it was so hard to set the background theme for this as I have never to Florence Italy… I had to do a lot of research to make sure I could convey the scenery to the readers. I wanted to take you on a trip while reading.

Q: Reviewers applaud your use of humor as part of telling a warm romance. How helpful is humor to create your characters, the romance, or the story?

A.M. Willard: Oh I think it’s very helpful. I love to write romantic comedy and even my friends have stated that it is perfect for me since I can let a piece of myself shine through my work.

Q: You’ve developed at least two series. What can you create in a series that you can’t do in a standalone book? Do you prefer a series over a standalone book?

A.M. Willard: I am half and half on standalones and series. I love how I can write a standalone and be done when I finish verses with a series you have to keep everyone’s life straight. Series to me allows me to have the best of both worlds, as you get to know all my characters.

Q: When creating a romance, what are the most important traits, or attributes, of the characters falling in love? What draws characters to each other? How important are setting and timing?

A.M. Willard: The setting is very important I feel. If I’m writing a ROM-COM I think a funny setting or situation is perfect, something to set the tone and mood for the rest of the novel, everything else usually just falls into place.

Q: Does the concept of heroes vs villains play a part in your books? What makes readers engage with your characters?

A.M. Willard: Sometimes yes, and I plan to work on this a little more in a future book. I haven’t had too many villains as of today.

Q: How do you create the tension or suspense to cause readers to want to turn the page?

A.M. Willard: I place myself deep in the story and fight against the plot as I write it. I start, stop, start and repeat. Creating drama and suspense seems to be the fun in most of the writing aspect. You can make it as crazy or as clam as you want.

Q: Do you write for entertainment only or do you embed a few messages in your books?

A.M. Willard: Oh I think the readers will have to answer that one. I think a few have some messages written within the pages for sure.

Q: What’s next?

A.M. Willard: Sugary Sweets is what’s next as I try to finish it up. This will be the second installment to A Taste of Love Series.

Q:  Tells us about A.M. Willard. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

A.M. Willard: I love to relax with my family and friends, and enjoy being out on the water as often as we can.

About A.M. Willard

A.M. Willard is a true believer of soul mates, and happy ever afters. She enjoys reading, sailing, and of course writing contemporary romance with some saucy scenes. Releasing her first novella of the One Night Series on April 12, 2014 has sent her on a new journey in life. 

A.M.'s passion for writing started at a young age, but with the love and support from her husband of eighteen years pushed her to follow her dreams. Once she hit that first publish button, she hasn't looked back.

Publications available from A.M. Willard include the Chances Series, Love on the Screen, and everyone's favorite, the One Night Series. She's also had an article published in the Writer's Monthly Review Magazine and was just accepted into the Romance Writers of America organization in May of 2015.

A.M. Willard was born and raised in the Panhandle of Florida, but resides in Savannah GA with her husband, son, two cats, one rotten dog, two goats and her six chickens. Yes, we said chickens...


Raven Bloomberg finds herself stuck in Florence, Italy during a holiday weekend. One meant for lovers, not lonely art gallery assistants sharing the last hotel room with a dark and mysterious stranger. 

She decides to loosen up and enjoy what the city has to offer. The only problem is she may be enjoying herself a little too much. 

Pierce Ashton's eyes are set on Raven Bloomberg, the sexy yet reserved blonde that pushes him to limits he never expected. 

Will their thirst be enough to continue the love affair once back in the states? 

Will these two souls go back to living life as they did before, or embrace the passion ignited in the opulent streets of Florence. 

Find out now in author A.M. Willard's contemporary romance novella, Hearts in Florence, which is best enjoyed with an Italian Merlot.

Links

Purchase Links
HEARTS IN FLORENCE

Author Links
Twitter @AMWillard1 







No comments:

Post a Comment